Thursday, May 27, 2010

logo design

ive been silent for awhile.

blogging about legal and numbers is just not sexy (and highly confidential). but lately, i found myself exercising another skill set of mine. art and design.

i found my way to the bay area during the 1st.com boom as a graphic designer. it was my calling at the time and helped sustain me while being a "nitelife curator" just wasn't paying the bills. being caught-up in the resto game has left me little time to exercise the right half of my brain, until now.

the book, "how to run and start a commercial gallery"  has got me thinking deeply about what kind of gallery the summit is gonna be. i know it's a hybrid model converging food and art, kinda of like what i created with poleng intrms of food and music. i sometimes describe the summit as "111 minna meets tartine bakery." thoughts on the space have also lead me to spend more time on the development of the logo. below is a styling mood board i've asked my designers to focus their work on:


[caption id="attachment_200" align="aligncenter" width="195" caption="directions in design"][/caption]


so far, progress has been slow with my rag-tag team of designers. when you're getting design as a homie hook-up, expect homie time. so to help jump start the process in the right direction, i've created some logos i'd like to share with you.



[caption id="attachment_201" align="aligncenter" width="194" caption="the wonders of rotate and repeat in illustrator"][/caption]


as you can see, i'm obsessed with spirograph and i can't quite execute a design that involves negative space and double meaning. i can't wait to see what the others churn out... if you wanna submit something, hit me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment